Interviews are much like going on a first date
Going for an interview is much like going on a first date. There are a few do’s and don’ts. Keep these in mind if you’ve been honoured with an interview…or a first date for that matter.
- Be on time….if not a little early. This shows you are keen and that you respect your potential employer. It will also help you to make a good impression, even without opening your mouth.
- Watch your manners. Swearing and inappropriate comments are also some of the no-no’s. These show a lack of respect for the employer and a lack of personal control on your behalf.
- Wear something appropriate, which suits your figure. For females this means no see through or revealing items. And a skirt or dress that is just a little bit longer – ideally no shorter than 15 centimetres above the knee. No figure hugging items or low tops. For the guys, it’s a lot simpler. Wear long pants, closed in shoes and a clean collared shirt. If it’s an office job or management position your best bet is to wear a suit.
- Say positive things about yourself. During interviews many people make the mistake of putting themselves down, sometimes without even realising it. Before you go for an interview, take some time to write down a few things that are GREAT about you and why you deserve the job. This will help you promote yourself when you’re in the interview.
- Be prepared. Do your research about the company and the job position. Pre-prepare your answers to standard questions such as ‘Why are you the best person for the job?’ And have a few questions ready to ask them about the job, the company and/or the working conditions. All of these things will help you to feel more confident in your interview.
For more tips, visit the employ me FB page or buy employme….